What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

It feels right.

"People ask me all the time why I’m riding a bike and they look at me like I’m crazy sometimes. I always tell them I do it because it’s fun or I’m doing it because of gas but the truth is I do it because it feels right." —Daniel (post on EcoVelo)

Yeah.. me, too.

I try to soften up my 'public persona' so as to not push people away by saying, "Well, Gee! It's just fun and ya feel good! And gee whiz, I save money!" All of that is true..I DO have fun and I DO feel good when I ride my bike- and I do save money. But really- it feels right. I feel greater appreciation and respect for a lot things when I ride my bike. (I'll let you fill in the blanks.) I do not have this kind of relationship with a car.

This respect is also why I get irritated sometimes when my bicycle/bike riding is treated as a toy or trick. No- thank you- this is my choice, not a side show. I am excited to share it with you, but please take it, and me, seriously.
Related Posts with Thumbnails