What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Good Day Aboard a Bicycle

Last Sunday I left the house at 9:30am on my bicycle and returned around 5pm. Even including getting lost, running out of water and bloodying up my knee- it was a good day aboard a bicycle. This, to me, is what summer is all about. Getting gloriously lost.

Leaving Walla Walla behind, my skinny tires leave squiggles in the gray gravel. (yes, I rode my roadie- 23m!)


Long rides tap into both my athletic and artistic self. I test my endurance while being captured by lines and curvatures.


I am also captured by veggie sandwiches, cowboy cookies and chocolate milk.


I left Dayton by gravel of course. I pretty much went looking for the gravel when I mapped out my very tentative route. Gravel gravel gravel. I love the slippery slide of gravel.


Sunflowers. When you run out of water, it's good to have sunflowers to cheer you up. (Don't worry, I found a garden hose.)


This looks like it goes home, doesn't it? It took me to Prescott. Close enough. I got home eventually.






And it ain't an adventure unless you come home dirty and bloody, right?

Well, I didn't really MEAN to bloody up. But alas, it happens. Oops.




It's summer.
Related Posts with Thumbnails