What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

To Feel Like Me

Today at Wallace Falls

The short hike to and from the falls

Today I rummaged through my cycling accessory drawer, looking for the arm warmers I wanted to wear on my ride. I came across my short-fingered cycling gloves that I hadn't worn since finishing my bike tour across the country. I slipped them on and held them to my face. They still smell like the tour. The fabric on the backside is no longer black, but more of a brown-blue. The mesh is deteriorating where my knuckles push at it. And the leather has been in traumatic cycles between thick with grease to crackled dry. 

When I pull my gloves on-- I feel like the most accurate version of myself. It's like pulling my own skin back on. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails