What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Monday, February 2, 2009

More Xtracycle bike on bike action; and an advert.

Part of what I like about the Xtracycle is just how easy it is to 'toss' anything on there. The long bags swallow up anything from a bag-less grocery store trip, to large coolers. The long deck has lots of surface area for your friend's bum, to set your purse down as you rummage through it, or-- for a bicycle.



There IS a technique for 'towing' a bike behind the Xtracycle, by strapping the front wheel in and letting the rear wheel roll. I, unfortunately, have not been able to accomplish this. My bike has ended up skidding instead of rolling in just seconds. The key, I've been told, is to make sure the front wheel is strapped in well. I think I will continue to scheme my own "Tray Bien", though I will give the towing method a try soon.

If you're wondering what it is, other than a bicycle, I've got strapped on there-- it's an advertisement! I do plan to take it back after only a few days, though. Once any surface is written on, it only invites more writing-- so I am, sadly, anticipating vandalism on the bike and perhaps some missing parts. (Although I did put some rubber cement in the seat tube...)




Related Posts with Thumbnails