What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Monday, October 4, 2010

A Stop in Walla

On my way to Xterra US Nationals in Ogden, Utah-- we stopped over in Walla Walla, WA, my college town. I was a dedicated road racer in college and I stayed in Walla every collegiate summer because I just could not. stop. riding. I had to see every road Walla had to offer. Though I know there are still more I haven't seen.

So given a slice of time in the morning to take a jaunt on the mountain bike-- I headed down Lone Fir. Except this time, I had 2.0 and 2.2" Captain Control mtb tires-- not 23mm race slicks.

One of my favorite vistas.


I was possibly "over biking" the gravel roads; but hey, I had a race to stay fresh for.


First time I've ridden a mountain bike in Walla Walla.


I eagerly steered my tires into a pit of mud, only to find it was more like clay.
Lesson learned!



Related Posts with Thumbnails