What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Can you pick me up later?

I had the option to be picked up at the bus station, but I asked to be picked up closer to home--

so I could ride just a little bit more.


Having SUPER bright lights, enables me to really enjoy night riding. Having confidence that I can see and be seen, I can relax and enjoy sleepy roads. I'm riding in a place I've been before, but it's wholly different. Looks different, sounds different, feels different on my face. It's exciting.

My whole sensation of movement-- is like those scenes in movies when the background blurs, sound dampens and echos, and a hyper-awareness occurs. I can get that anytime of day on my bike, but the darkness only lends to it-- cuts the distractions until it's just me and my bike, pumping along.




Related Posts with Thumbnails