What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

A bike ride with my mom!


Today-- I went on a bike ride with my mom!

We rode along the Centennial Trail, a Rails to Trail in Snohomish County, WA. I was SO proud of my mom! We didn't go far or fast, but my mom did challenge herself-- that's what matters.


It's been a long, long time since my mom has been on a bike. Riding along the trail required her to practice balance, changing gears, braking/stopping and watching out for other users on the trail. When these things are unfamiliar, they can be overwhelming! She did all that and had a good time doing it. 


Oh, and that's a new GLOBE WOMEN'S VIENNA 2 that she's riding! I really like this bike, because too many comfort bikes are SO upright, the steering is wacky. This bike is upright enough, while maintaining stable steering. It also has a step-through frame, so it's easier for my mom to stop and start. We'll have to get a softer saddle, though. The one it comes with is too hard for even me to ride! I love the whole Globe line.. except that silly Roll and a Carmel wouldn't suit me.. but the Vienna, the Haul and the Live? AWESOME and AFFORDABLE!


I rode my foldy.
Related Posts with Thumbnails