What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Smartwool Neck Gaiter: FAVORITE WINTER ITEM!


This Smartwool Neck Gaiter is my current favorite cycling accessory. I don't know what I did before this little tube of brilliance! Necks are SENSITIVE and catch a lot of cold breeze stickin' out there like that!

This simple accessory makes a BIG difference in my comfort level.

It's not tight, so it doesn't feel constricting. (And I HATE constricting. Ask my mom. I always took my jackets off as a child.) But it's snug enough that you can pull it up over your chin or nose if you need to. If you pull it up and combine it with a headband or beanie-- you can create a 'balaclava' effect, without being totally committed to wearing a balaclava. And I don't like being committed to the clothing I'm wearing.

I'll be wearing this thing fall to spring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails