What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Surly Long Haul Trucker $650

FOR SALE!: EDIT: SOLD!! Glad to know that this bike will be touring the Pacific Coast!

Happy tours, my ol' friend!

I rode this Surly Long Haul Trucker with an Xtracycle kit for about a year (March 2008-May 2009) when I was living in Walla Walla. It was AWESOME.

But-
Ever since I left to go on a cross-country tour on my Trek 520 (June 2009) then moved to Seattle-- it has been parked, unused.. shivering.. wanting happy legs to pump it over hill and dale. My 520 has been getting all the action because it's what fits on the bus.

So I've detached the Xtracycle (which will go to my pregnant sister! Yay!) and offer you this rad touring-commuting-adventure steed for a good deal and to a good home.

Size 50cm frame, fits about 5'3" to 5'6". I'm 5'4". My 5"6" friend got the same size. Really it depends on your proportions. The top tube is longer compared to other touring bikes, which is how my taller friend ended up on the same frame size as me. I've put a stumpy stem on it, because I assume this bike will go to a shorter person.
Custom build. All parts were picked out piece by piece.



HAND-BUILT WHEELS!
26" wheels, too! Stronger for their size, little or no toe-overlap, and a lot more tire choices!
Go street or knobby! (OR STUDDED! ;)


CLEAN AND READY TO GO!
FRESH BAR TAPE!


SHIMANO 105 DERAILLEUR


AVID CANTI'S WERE STRONG ENOUGH TO STOP ME ON MY LOADED XTRACYCLE!


DEORE XT HUBS (HAND BUILT WHEELS!)


CANE CREEK HEAD SET


I SPENT SOME TIME SCRATCHING OFF THE TOP TUBE LOGO
(It's on TOP of the clear coat)
Sticker over it or keep scratchin'!


SPOKE HOLDER!


DOUBLE BUTTED 4130 CHRO-MO!


The only real dings on this bike are where the Xtracycle attached to the frame on the kickstand/fender bridge. You'll end up clamping the same spot if you use a kickstand anyway.
Dab a little nailpolish- and TA DA: not a big deal.


So get a Surly LHT that spec'd a bit nicer than Surly's full build, with stronger hand-built wheels and only been ridden for a year-- for $650.

Available to see in Bellevue, WA. NO SHIPPING. Cash only.

Thanks!

And do pass along to potentially interested friends!




Related Posts with Thumbnails