What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Adventure Errand

Ah, yes-- it's been too long since I've had the chance to bike to the grocery store and surprise a cashier. So when icy streets prevented my mom from driving to the grocery, I quickly volunteered to ride!

Rolling down the neighborhood streets, a woman calls out--

"You be careful out there!"

"It's okay, I've got STUDS!"

" !! Oh! ha ha ha!"


I carried a 12 pound turkey, another 10 pounds of potatoes, and while I was there-- I thought I might as well grab some winter ale, too.

And YES, all the parts of my Safire have been transferred to a Salsa Ala Carte and Surly Instigator Fork! More on that soon..

Instead of driving and stressing out about getting a car stuck or struck-- I just hopped on my bike and had a ton of fun!

..Though studded tires, hydraulic disc brakes, mountain gearing and a sweet steel mountain frame did make it EXTRA enjoyable. :)




Related Posts with Thumbnails