What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

FEELING Fast

There is a lot of incredible cycling technology these days that is designed to make you go faster. While these new developments are impressive, I think the biggest benefit to any piece of "speed equipment" is that it makes you FEEL faster. Later today I am teaching my junior boys and some of the Whitman women how to ride in a team time trial (my favorite event!!). Well, the day is beautiful and my bike was looking at me longingly, outfitted with some old friends that are my time trial bars.

So I got into my skinsuit (which I won as a gift for being the "most improved" rider on the Whitman team), buckled on my time trial helmet, and went for a spin.

WOW. I felt like I meant business.



Related Posts with Thumbnails