What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Loving Duthie

One reason to love Duthie Hill [mountain bike park] is because the trails are made specifically for mountain bikers. These aren't hiking trails that mountain bikers are allowed on-- these are mountain biking trails. And boy does it make a difference! The latter third of the "Boot Camp" trail is pure downhill swoopiness. Banked corner after banked corner after banked corner. It's not huge or advanced-- a beginner like me can handle it-- but it is SO FUN. It's a roller coaster ride that you're in charge of.


Another reason to love Duthie-- is that it is so BEAUTIFUL. Road riding is great because I can start out my door, but I can never ride far enough to get away from pesty cars. Mountain biking on the other hand, even though I have to drive to get there-- it's just me, the woods and my bike. Real solace.


I love it!
Related Posts with Thumbnails