What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My bike and I


St.Edwards State Park


When I lived in Walla Walla, the lay of the land called for road cycling. Ride five minutes in any direction and you will find an abundance of quiet, rolling, wheat-lined country roads. If you like fishing your wheel on gravel, options multiply two-fold.

Now that I live in the greater Puget Sound area, the road cycling... well, it can be had. There are some quieter areas, bearing beautiful rides-- but you need to know where you're going. This is not a place where I'd "go get lost" because you're more likely to accidentally find a strip mall than find an abandoned barn.

So instead of trying to make Seattle road cycling as good as it is in Walla Walla, I am taking advantage of what Seattle does better than Walla Walla-- mountain biking. 

And wow, it does it good.


Wallace Falls
Related Posts with Thumbnails