What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

US Mountain Bike National Championships

As part of my mid-tour 4-day break,

I got to go to US MTB Nats and visit my old friend and teammate Jane!

I wanted to mountain bike REAL' BAD by the end of the day and I don't even have a mountain bike! Apparently, that doesn't stop me from wanting to compete in some epic mountain bike races. I like epic and I like bikes, it seems that most blends of the two are enough to strike my fancy.


Jane at start, cool, calm and cute.



Jane up hill, first, fast and fun.

Jane on switchback.. like a CAT!



Jane at car, all done.





THEN.
The Pro Women's Race.
I was very excited to see:


Mary McConneloug




Katie Compton




Georgia Gould


Heather Irmiger, Winner's Glow.




Heather riding into the photographers at the finish.






Victory arms!






Katie Compton riding in.


I didn't take any pictures of the men. :)



Don't let your kids drink Monster.
Related Posts with Thumbnails