What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Morning and night

I kinda felt like a cheater when I lived in Walla Walla. I bike "commuted" most everywhere-- but it only took 10 or 20 minutes to get there. Walla Walla isn't big. and it's FLAT! Maybe I rode 30 minutes if I was visiting my friend Alice, she lives WAY out on the edge of town.

Now, I'm a bike commuter in the sense that most people think of when they think "bike commuter." I take the bus and I ride my bike for more than an hour to get to work. And I stop for coffee because nothing feels more like rocket fuel than a fine cappuccino and morning glory muffin! (Thank you-- Stumptown!).

AND, I get to ride the cool bike path across I-90. It's funny what people like or don't like. I think it's fun to ride alongside the water and mentally raspberry at the cars whooshing past. I have a friend who rather does not prefer the bridge. I don't like it when it's wet and you gotta hold your breath when cross the metal grating thingies, but otherwise find it more than tolerable. Ah, well. My commute has many landscapes! This is just one of them.
Bike path on the I-90 bridge.
Skyline in the background is Bellevue.


Bellevue Transit Center, waiting for the bus.
Related Posts with Thumbnails