What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

2010 EcoVelo Photo Contest Entry

Over at EcoVelo, Alan just wrapped up his annual photo contest-- with an incredible prize list, including a Civia Midtown as top prize!

This was my entry:



When I hop on a bike, it’s like stepping into my very own secret room where my very best invisible friend lives. Even when the world seems like a terrible and lonely place– my bike is there to hold me, and say, “it’s okay, you’ll feel better. Just keep riding.” And I keep riding.

And we ride until all my frenzied thoughts float away like shiny red balloons– up, up and away– away from us. Together we are lighter and we fly. We fly over the land and feel it inside of us– feel the rollers roll in us, the ascents ascend in us and there is a unity between the earth, the air and us– creating a marvelous, euphoric energy. And I keep riding.



Related Posts with Thumbnails