What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Getting to Xterra Portland

A few weeks ago I wrote about my experience at Xterra Black Diamond. It was my first off-road triathlon.

At the end of my lil' play-by-play, I noted that I'd soon attend Xterra Portland. WELL. I didn't tell ya' how I got there!

It began at Xterra Black Diamond. I was packing up my gear in the transition zone, listening to the race director announce awards and raffles, when he says--

"First athlete to run to the lake and back gets free entry to Xterra Portland!"

We looked at each other. Is he seri-- wher-- He-- um,--

"First athlete to run to the lake and back gets free entry to Xterra Portland!"

SPRINT! sprint/sprint/oh!I'magonnamakeit/I'mgonnamakeit/awwww, I didn't make it.

Here's a box of Gu for your hard effort. *Sigh.

Walk back to my stuff in the transition zone. Resume packing up.

"First athlete to run around transition gets [SPRINT!} free entry [sprint/sprint] into Xterra [sprint/ohmy..] Portland [legs wobble like jello! Keep GOING!!! The crowd is cheering for you!!]"

Aw. I got passed in the end by the dude who won the men's race.

"Wait, come back here-- he already has free entry because he won the race. What's your e-mail address?"

..and then so I went to Xterra Portland. :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails