What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Gear Review: Planet Bike Borealis Gloves

Planet Bike Borealis winter gloves
Approx. cost: $25-35


Cold hands, I do not like. These gloves, I like.

..I also like 
those SmartWool socks I'm wearing in these photos..







Features I like:
  • 4-fingered style: dexterous yet cozy.
  • Neoprene cuff: comfortable yet seals.
  • Wind and WATER proof.
  • TWO, count 'em, TWO places to wipe snot and spit on BOTH gloves. I like to keep my snot and spit SEPARATE, thanks.
  • No pink flowers.
Temperature rating (according to my body):
  • Teens- fingertips start to get cold after an hour if I don't move them.
  • 20s, 30s- heavenly!
  • 40s- a bit warm, but that's fine by me!
  • 50s- too hot.
Downfalls:
  • It's easier to get hot in these, probably due to their waterproofing.
  • I find them still a little sweaty inside the day after a ride.

CONCLUSION: I love these!


Related Posts with Thumbnails