What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Discoveries

I discovered two things today-

First- my quads have definitely atrophied. It feels totally alien. It's like my legs belong to someone else's body! Surely MY legs are not this small and weak. I need more riding and less reading-about-riding. I've had a little bit of a funk lately. Time to break the trend and get back to adventuring.

The other thing happened whilst I was teaching Chelsea, one of our B women on the Whitman Cycling team, how to ride rollers. I was in the middle of saying, "when I rode rollers a lot in the winter, I eventually could ride standing up.. some people can ride with no hands, but I think that's way harder on rollers than standing up.." and to demonstrate I attempted to sit up with no hands.. and then I DID. Wha??

So my quads have shrunk.. but I can ride rollers with no hands!

It's all give and take.
Related Posts with Thumbnails