What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bike to Yoga

When others discover that I ride my bicycle to get around (as opposed to one of those motor vehicle thingies) I try to emphasize the enjoyment of it or even how 'enhanced' my life feels. Riding to and from my yoga class is a wonderful example. Yoga has been lovely for restoring happiness to my back after riding so much over bump-ba-bumpity cyclocross courses and such. The class is even lovelier when I arrive and depart on my bicycle. My blood is moving and my nose chilled when I walk in the door. When I ride home, my shoulders drop and relax and my back is cheered.

Riding to and from yoga is just such a wonderful addition to the class-- I would be sad if I had to sit still in a car afterwards.
Related Posts with Thumbnails